Just like in year 2013 Yandex will be hosting ruBSD 2014 (content is in Russian) event on the 13th of December. It’s funny that I learnt about it from BSD Now podcast which, btw, I highly recommend. In the last episode, apart from the already mentioned ruBSD 2014 conference, Allan Jude and Kris Moore also mentioned that videos from recent MeetBSD California 2014 have been recently published as well as from OpenZFS Developer Summit 2014.
But I digressed. Returning to ruBSD, the agenda looks very promising:
- VM improvements coming soon to FreeBSD. Scott Long (Netflix).
- Four years of pkg. Baptiste Daroussin (FreeBSD).
- Functional and high-performance SCSI target based on CTL and ZFS. Alexander Motin (iXsystems).
- New sendfile(2). Gleb Smirnov (Nginx, Inc.).
- Practical use of IPv6. Alexander Chernigov (Yandex).
- Building packages though emulation. Sean Bruno (Limelight Networks).
Registration is free but the number of seats is limited.